Educational Benefit Applications
School meals will no longer be free for all students beginning in September as a result of federal waivers expiring.
Households meeting eligibility requirements will continue to receive free meals.
Eligibility can be based upon:
- Receipt of any of these benefits:
- Medicaid (School district will be notified by MN Dept. of Human Services)
If you think you may qualify or are interested in applying for Free or Reduced Price Educational Benefits, you can fill out an Application for Educational Benefits beginning on July 1st for the upcoming school year.
Important Things to Note
- Families must reapply for meal benefits at the beginning of each school year. New applications for the school year are available July 1 each year.
- Families who receive SNAP benefits may be directly certified to receive free benefits by the state. If you have been directly certified, we will send you a letter notifying you that we have received certification from the state for your benefits. If you do not receive this letter each year, you must reapply.
- Families that receive MFIP benefits will need to submit an application. These applications will need to submit the case number instead of income.
How to Apply
Families can apply for Free and Reduced Meal Benefits by either filling out the form online or filling out a paper application.
Paper applications can be printed from the link below. Applications will also be available for pick up at each school, the District Office, and at the local fair booths in the coming weeks. Fill out the application in JMC, https://jmc.lqpv.org/Parent/meals_application.aspx Login into your family account to complete.
Application for Education Benefits (Free/Reduced Lunch Form)
Income Eligibility Guidelines