Choice Boards are located on every teacher's own webpage. You can find teacher webpages by locating your desired teacher in the Staf Directory, clicking on the "Profile" button under their picture, then "Access Website" on their profile.
Link to staff directory: Middle School Staff Directory
Lac qui Parle Valley School District eLearning Plan
Again this year, the Lac qui Parle Valley (LQPV) School District will implement eLearning days for the 2021-22 school year. We are fortunate to be able to address a school closing through an eLearning day. This document is intended to provide background information as well as inform you how eLearning days will be conducted.
The closing of school for inclement weather is a serious matter and safety is the prevailing factor in reaching this decision. After reviewing National Weather Service (NWS) sites, consultation with officials in and around all of our school communities, and with neighboring school district superintendents, a decision on school closure is made as early as possible.
It is important to note that when the school is closed it may continue to be considered a school day that counts towards student attendance if an eLearning day is scheduled. In that case, students and teachers will be expected to participate in the eLearning day.
Make no mistake, our preference is to have students in school with teachers and classmates. However, technology offers opportunities to continue to learn in the event a decision is made to close school. Because of the commitment our School Board has made to technology, and the fact that over 90% of our students have Internet access, learning does not have to stop!
If the decision is made to close school and conduct an eLearning day, the decision will be made prior to 6:10 am in the morning the day the eLearning day is scheduled. The decision will be communicated to you via the television, radio, the district website/social media, a voicemail, e-mail, or text via JMC (emergency messenger system).
Student Expectations for an LQPV eLearning Day:
1. For grades 7-12, the assignment/activity for each class will be listed on the teacher’s online classroom under the eLearning tab by 8:40 am. For students in grades K-6, students will follow the assignments outlined in their grade level choice boards which can be found on the school website/in student folders/pushed out via teacher app.
2. Teachers will be available during regular school hours (8:10 am-3:30 pm) by phone, email, or app for questions that students or parents may have. Check the eLearning tab for the teacher’s direct contact information.
3. The eLearning day is considered a student day requiring attendance. Students and teachers are expected to participate in the eLearning day and attendance is required.
a. Grades K-6: Attendance will be determined by the student submitting to the teacher the next school day the assignments/activities indicated on the teacher’s website/app using the Choice Board provided for students.
b. Grades 7-12: Attendance will be determined by students completing assignments/activities assigned on the teacher's online classroom. Students in grades 7-12 are expected to log in at the beginning of each class period to receive guidance from the teacher on the daily objectives. Students must be visible at all times to be considered present unless the teacher requests otherwise. There will NOT be advisory for grades 7-12 on eLearning days.
4. Students who choose not to participate will receive an unexcused absence.
5. The proposed guidelines for total amount of work time per grade level for a student are listed below.
* Kindergarten: 45 minutes-1 hour * First & Second Grade: 1-2 hours
* Third & Fourth Grade: 2-3 hours * MS & HS: 20-30 minutes per class
6. If you do not have access to the internet, or if there is an insufficient amount of technology for the number of children in your home, please contact your child’s teacher or building principal to discuss options.
7. Should you have any questions about these procedures, please feel free to contact your child’s teacher(s) and/or the respective building level principal.