7-12 Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences will be held at Lac qui Parle Valley on Monday, October 11th, 2021 from 3:30-7:30 pm in the high school gymnasium. This will give you the opportunity to meet with your son’s or daughter’s classroom teacher and discuss their progress for the first quarter.
Due to the confidential nature of conferences, we are opening up the conferences so you can talk directly to the classroom teachers. You will not be scheduled to meet with any particular instructor at a given time.
While it is the intent of the High School to work closely with the parents for the benefit of the student, we have some planning tips to help the conferences be more productive.
- Think about what you want to learn during the conference.
- How is my child doing in class?
- Do they have good work habits?
- Do they use their time wisely?
- Do they get along with others?
- Do they get their work done and turn in on time?
- What can we do to help them out at home?
- Talk with your son/daughter prior to the conference. Ask what they think the teacher will say. Talk about likes, dislikes, problems, and successes.
- Ask the teacher to explain anything you don’t know about the class
- Follow up, stay in touch, and give us a call.
We believe these items will help ensure the conference is productive.
Part-Time or Shared Staff Schedules for Conferences on Monday, October 11th, 2021:
Ms. Handeen – 3:30-5:30 pm
Mr. Felton – 3:30-5:30 pm
Mr. Shurb – 5:30 – 6:30 pm
Mrs. Jones – 5:00-7:00 pm
Mr. Klatt – 3:30-6:15 pm
Ms. Hayden – 3:30-5:30 pm
Ms. Wittnebel-Schlieman – 3:30-6:30 pm
Mr. Nolte – 3:30-5:30 pm
Mrs. Anderson – 3:30-4:45 pm