11/7/23 Voting Results
The 2023 Referendum was approved. 589 yes votes and 417 no votes.
LQPV Schools commends the communities on their continued support of the district’s mission to be a unified community that promotes meaningful, student-centered educational experiences that prepare every student to excel.
For elections results, please visit the Minnesota Secretary of State website.
VOTING INFORMATIONEARLY & ABSENTEE VOTING
Starts September 22, 2023 LqPV District Office
Weekdays 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Note: City of Appleton Residents must do their early & absentee voting at the Appleton Civic Center weekdays 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
ELECTION DAY - NOVEMBER 7, 2023
Madison City Hall
Appleton Civic Center
Milan City Hall
All polling places are open from 12 noon - 8:00 pm Except city of Appleton Residents are from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- What is this election about?
- What are the plans for playing LqPV Varsity Baseball?
- If the referendum is approved, which indoor and outdoor facilities will be upgraded?
- Were these upgrades improved as part of the 2019 referendum?
- Why weren’t they improved with the 2019 referendum?
- Why not just cut some of the extra-curricular activities?
- Is the District using the same architect & engineering firm on the HVAC and facilities improvement project as is did on the 2019 referendum school improvement project?
- Why wasn’t the HVAC project (air handling system) the school board authorized in January 2023 included with the 2019 referendum?
- Why is the school board asking for this money now?
- What is the cost of the proposed referendum?
- Is there a site concept diagram for voters to see?
- How does the Ag2School Credit impacts this referendum request?
- Is the District going to provide informational community meetings prior to the November 7th election?
- What is the schedule for absentee voting?
Prepared by Lac qui Parle Valley School District, 2860 291st Avenue, Madison, MN 56256. This publication is not on behalf of any candidate or ballot question.